Old September 9th 20, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

Default Ka6e for Tall Pilots

At 19:21 08 September 2020, Kilo 58 wrote:
Some time ago, I read about a Dutch Ka6e that had been modified
for tall pilots. I am 6 foot 5 inches (197 cm) tall. I can’t find the

article to follow-up on what modifications were done and what
height Pilot could be accommodated. If anyone knows about this,
I would be grateful for a few hints

We had a Ka.6E when I was young. To fit my 6'2" frame into it, we
made a new instrument panel with high leg cut-outs and extended
the center part down to the floor to make it a pedestal (to
accommodate the now displaced instruments). Then, the seat back
was removed and we found a parachute rigger who packed our chute
in a triangular wedge shape that sat on top of the wheel well. With
those modifications, I barely fit. I don't know if if one can squeeze
enough more from that to fit someone who is 6'5" though.

RO