Old September 30th 12, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Which sustainer system would you chose for your sailplane?

I am putting together a list of all LAK owners in the USA and, when
finished, will email all owners with information of the FES installation,
expected cost, location, and expected installation time.

I have the list together (19 US owners!) but, unfortunately, the SSA website
will only allow me to get contact information for 5 members per day.
Therefore, it will take me another 3 or 4 days to get the message out to
prospective users. Hopefully, I can get the requisite 4 people to get the
group rate that Luka offered and I posted originally. I've already heard
from two prospects and, of course, myself.

Keep the discussion going!

"Renny" wrote in message
On Friday, September 28, 2012 6:00:43 PM UTC-6, (unknown) wrote:
On Monday, September 24, 2012 4:23:59 PM UTC-7, Renny wrote:

On Monday, September 24, 2012 4:53:12 PM UTC-6, Greg Arnold wrote: On
9/24/2012 3:39 PM, Renny wrote: Here's the URL for a PDF
brochure that was handed out at the 2012 Reno Convention on the FES.
Hopefully,

Renny, so you're running about 170 Amps or so. Your motor and esc need
some cooling, so how is that accomplished? And then you must have a way
to automatically override throttle if lipos approach 70 to 80% drained?

Motor cooling is handled via a small electric fan forward of the rudder
pedals, an air vent in the nose cone that allows outside air to help cool
the motor (and the cockpit), and 3 electric fans on the shelf behind the
pilot's seat to cool the controller. When the batteries get low, warnings go
off on the FCU, and I would then throttle back and turn off the FES. There
is no automatic shutdown of the FES which allows the pilot to keep the FES
running if there is an emergency situation. Thx - Renny