Thread: The Apology
View Single Post
Old October 30th 20, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Ballou[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default The Apology

On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 1:04:44 AM UTC-4, wrote:
If you read my post I never called any specific person or female pilots 'childless corporate whores' I defined a group of women that way just as I defined another group of women as 'mothers.' I wonder if using '...employees' instead of '...whores' would have been less offensive, I doubt it. The comparison between mothers and childless corporate handmaidens is telling If you look at decades of research you will find that women's happiness levels have never been lower, women are losing badly(by happiness standards) in modern times. With the exception of about three glider pilots in the entire world, men are no longer sexist. And no I don't believe women are more free now, as I've pointed out several times women have been flying since the beginning of flying, so what have they gained? The ability to start internet virtue signaling outrage spirals among men. That isn't making women happier. What is the difference between the apology illustration and a current year picture of a male pilot answering a soaring related question from a female? The woman in the apology illustration could have learned to fly, same as a woman that walks onto a gliderport tomorrow. The women that complained were wrong and the Soaring magazine apology was wrong. And everyone here defending those actions are not trying to convince me that the complaint and apology were acceptable they are trying to convince themselves.

You also said "And the woman in the ad would be more attractive if she had kept her mouth shut. "

The biology of attraction is not changed by the political correctness of the moment. You being an emotional tampon for women pilots does not make you more attractive to women.