Old October 30th 20, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Gosse

Default How does my 1918 German barograph work? (Replogle mechanical drum)

On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 6:10:20 PM UTC-4, Herbert Kilian wrote:
On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 2:16:14 PM UTC-5, Charles Gosse wrote:
I have a 1918 German barograph, photos are at the URL below. It appears complete but I do not know how to make it work. Apparently it has to be wound-up. I also have a photo of the underside of the metal tray, if you need to see that.

https://www.aeroconservancy.com/flugzeug

That's the kind of device you'd expect hanging above the basket of a hydrogen balloon. A precious piece of aviation history!

Hello Herbert,
I am really unfamiliar with google Groups. After you responded here I received an email with your response, as well, and tried to reply to that in gmail with photos but Google responded that they couldn't find the rec.soaring address. Anyway,I can't figure out how to add a photo here. Can you tell me?
Charley