Old October 30th 20, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default Truck vs Car as a tow vehicle

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 11:23:41 AM UTC-7, Chris Behm wrote:
I am wondering how often a truck for towing a glider trailer might be an advantage? I have yet to buy my first glider, but of course and thinking that the next vehicle I purchase should be a good one to tow with (Incidentally, thinking of the GMC/Chevy Canyon/Colorado, with the 2.8L inline 4 diesel).
But I am wondering how often that a truck is a better choice, all things considered.

Thanks.

Regards,
"Target"

I fly regularly straight out (putting on many, many miles) for more years now that I care to admit.
I always had a minivan one Toyota and now I'm on my fifth Honda Odyssey (works well for me),never any issues. Whatever the tow vehicle what is critical is that the tow hitch is the right kind/height keeping the trailer level. The axel on the trailer needs to be in the right spot too for balance (no worries about Cobra trailers there).Of course good quality trailer tires are very important too.