View Single Post
Old November 2nd 20, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Default The Apology

On Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 9:22:36 PM UTC-7, Chip Bearden wrote:
On Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 8:26:00 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
2G wrote:

That this ad was objectionable to all women is, simply, not true.

I was just saying how Bob and I finally agreed on something. And now I agree with you, too. I mean, is that crazy or not? You're right. The ad wasn't objectionable to every woman. Just like what you said wasn't offensive to every man.

I showed it to my wife and she thought it was cute, and others here have noted a similar reaction.

Tell the truth, Tom. What's your answer to "honey, does this dress make my butt look big?" Yeah, I thought so. This is what focus groups are for.

A quarter-page ad was addressed with a FULL PAGE apology, totally out of proportion with the "crime."

I dunno, Tom. From my time on the SSA Board, I recall that the magazine and Web site are always actively looking for content. That ad/apology got more readers and comments than almost anything else published in print or online this year. You guys have any other ideas?

I, for one, object to being called a "pig," but am not expecting an apology.

Yeah, that's probably not gonna happen. But don't worry. The actual quote was "few men are pigs". She might have had someone else in mind. I mean, it's possible.

This is fun, Tom! Keep those jokes coming. By midnight Pacific Time, this discussion should have reached 8th on the 2020 Most-Viewed-RAS-Discussions hit parade. Top-Five status is probably out of reach but if you troll this a little more, we have a shot at 7th, which would knock out "Paraglider pilot missing in eastern Nevada" by...2G.

Oops.

Chip Bearden
JB

How can you say WHO Cindy was referring to? It was clear to me that she was referring to all males who disagreed with her as "pigs."

And, then, you insulted my wife by implying that she was being dishonest. I think you owe her an apology.

Tom