Old March 14th 10, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stella Starr

Default Fire at Pinckneyville

I don't come to the groups much any more, for reasons including a move,
new job, and loss of newsreader program. I miss the days when I found
good company here, though, and many fine people willing to answer
questions and engage in entertaining conversation.

Among my favorite friends I never met was Highflyer, and I finally got
to meet him at a antique airplane fly-in and then his own annual event.
I actually met my new husband at Pinckneyville, and he proposed on the
runway, under the stars one night in May 2006.

Highflyer's on Facebook, as many of my geezer friends are these days,
and though he seldom posts there either, one of his daughters just
posted photos of his hangar after a fire that did extensive damage this
past week.

Sadly, the Red Lady was inside when it happened, and is badly damaged
also. No one was hurt, and even the hangar cat seems to have escaped
harm. Still, I have many fond memories of beer, barbecue and good
company in that hangar...and of rides in that wonderful plane.

Here's a story about the fire.
http://www.wsiltv.com/p/news_details...=9703&type=top