Old February 17th 18, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Proper Way to Insert Multi-Probe

On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 12:46:27 PM UTC-8, kirk.stant wrote:
On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 2:30:07 PM UTC-6, Steve Thompson wrote:
There are clear instructions by ESA at
https://tinyurl.com/ESAFAQEnglish
which suggest cleanliness, light lubrication, and give
orientation advice also. Just saying.

Ah Ha! Oriented UP!

Let the arguing - and bogus explanations - begin!

(FWIW I've always been in the UP camp...position relative to the horizontal, angle of the probe when changing AOA, less chance of hitting it when installing tail dolly...)

Kirk
66

I used to always put my probe up (whenever I had the opportunity), but then someone pointed out to me that when the probe is installed down and the glider is in flying position, the probe is quite close to vertical. Seemed that was likely the correct position.