Old February 17th 18, 09:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Proper Way to Insert Multi-Probe

On Saturday, 17 February 2018 01:14:48 UTC+2, wrote:

I used to always put my probe up (whenever I had the opportunity), but then someone pointed out to me that when the probe is installed down and the glider is in flying position, the probe is quite close to vertical. Seemed that was likely the correct position.

I'm confused. The adapter for the probe is pointing straight to airflow at flying angle-of-attack. The probe end sticking up or down would have same angle relative to airflow?