Old February 18th 18, 08:05 AM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk.stant View Post
On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 2:44:58 PM UTC-6, Charles Longley wrote:[color=blue][i]
Correct airline pilot also A&P/ IA.
snip

Then there are the ways glider pilots try to kill tow pilots! Hard to hurt a winch launch operator unless you crash on the winch.

Kirk
66
I appreciate the fact that the tow pilot has his ass on the line when towing gliders aloft and that figures high in my respect for the job they do. It's entirely possible for a winch driver to kill a glider pilot without breaking a sweat or being in danger himself.

As posted earlier I only launch with tow pilots or winch drivers that I feel I can trust with my neck

:-) Colin