Old August 8th 03, 07:10 PM
Jim

I'd agree with that. I got an additional endorsement when I got checked out
in a 182RG a couple years ago. However strange it may seem, the FBO's
insurance statement requires 100 hours in retractables or 10 hours
instruction in the 182RG, it doesn't mention high performance time
requirements. Obviously gear up landings are more common than torque roll
stall/spins on go-around.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

"Bill Zaleski" wrote in message
You are only grandfathered with the 1997 changes according to the
airplane type that you got the previously lumped complex/high
performance endorsement in. A close look at 61.31 (f) (2) indicates
that the Arow endorsement will not suffice for high performance. The
biggest reason that you might want to get re-endorsed are for
insurance purposes.

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 08:41:11 -0500, "Jim" wrote:

I got my endorsement sometime in the late 80s and mine is one

endorsement.
It was a ink stamp that the instructor had that called it a "High
Performance/Complex Airplane Endorsement". I did how ever do all my
training in a non high performance 200hp Piper Arrow.