Old August 9th 04, 10:18 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article ,
(Fred the Red Shirt) wrote:

Howard Berkowitz wrote in message

... has occasionally been upheld with respect to
regular legislation, but I find it inconceivable that either the
Supreme
Court, or the political system in general, would accept that any treaty
overrode specific Constitutional language. A Constitutional amendment
would be needed.

I think you will find that in general when the US ratifies a treaty it
does so conditionally and with exceptions, in particular excepting any
part of the treaty that conflicts with the US Constitution, after all,
the US Senate does not have the authority to override the US
Constitution.

Yes, agreed. Why are we in violent agreement?