Old April 13th 20, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Looking for a serviceable LS4 rudder

On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 05:08:40 -0700, Larry Ruggiero wrote:

I’m our club’s A&P but haven’t seen it yet. His tow bar broke and glider
rolled into the back of his vehicle. It may be repairable but I’m
covering our bases just in case it’s not.

Larry Ruggiero

I had exactly the same thing happen to an ASW-20. Fortunately, a
replacement rudder was available fron the UK Schleicher agent.

The cause of the accident was a remarkably badly engineered towbar mount
on the tail dolly: it must have been an accident waiting to happen for
several years. Photos and analysis he

https://www.gregorie.org/gliding/dolly/index.html

I hope this page stops anybody else having a smashed rudder caused by a
similar failure.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org