Old January 11th 05, 09:47 PM
jls

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
news:1105473779.163104@sj-nntpcache-5...
jls wrote:
"Dave Butler" wrote in message

The OP said he was looking for something in Ohio.

Or "within a reasonable distance." Well, I'll go to Indiana and

Minnesota
for some parts and to Texas too. But as meticulous a job as these guys

do
on engines, I'd not consider Triad that far away from Ohio, particularly
since airplanes have shrunken the continent. OTOH, I believe G&N is
reputable.

Just my opinion, but when you have warranty issues, OH to NC is not

reasonable.
You want a vendor really nearby. Parts is fine, but for an overhaul...

I'll stay
close to home.

Opinions vary. That's mine. I earned my opinion through bitter experience

with a
long-distance overhaul. Never again. It doesn't matter how well-meaning

the
people are on both ends of the pipe. If the pipe is too long, it makes
everything harder to resolve.

Fair enough. I'll go along with that reason for staying close to home.