Old November 25th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Vaughn Simon

Default Private Pilot Uniforms

For a few years, I had a wonderful gig as a Commercial glider rides pilot/CFIG. I always thought it would be a gas to do the shirt, tie, & epaulettes thing, but I never had the nerve. What I actually wore (almost always) was cargo pants and a pocket-T shirt that advertised my employer. The cargo pockets were great because I could actually reach in them when I was strapped in. They were used for radio, snacks, sunblock lotion, and sometimes GPS. The pocket-T was important because it gave me a dedicated place to keep my sunglasses, something I consider a "safety of flight" item.

Vaughn