Old April 29th 11, 12:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrej Kolar[_4_]

Default SeeYou v4.01 Maps

Thanks for asking, John.

When we started announcing that we are moving the maps into the cloud
quite a few early testers said "Great. But don't forget that a
significant amount of gliding is done in areas with poor or no
internet access."

Think Namibia, many places out west, South America or just yourself
travelling around. A software which would have to be connected to the
internet would be quite useless in many such cases. It is therefore
still possible to buy CDs with vector maps from our store and it is
still possible to load your old maps into SeeYou 4.

If your computer is regularly online, then it certainly make sense to
use the maps from the cloud. They are much better quality than the old
maps. And they keep getting updated.

Enjoy SeeYou 4.
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

On Apr 28, 8:39*pm, jcarlyle wrote:
On the Naviter site, when you upgrade from SeeYou v3.95 to v4.01,
you're presented with an opportunity to buy Vector Maps. I searched
the Naviter site and their forums, and didn't find any information as
to why you might want to buy the Vector Map product. The description
of v4.01 of SeeYou clearly states that it downloads "vector maps from
the cloud", so the Vector Map product doesn't seem to offer any
value.

Can anyone on RAS tell me what increase in content, resolution or
performance one would realize by buying the Vector Maps product? If
someone has comments about the Naviter Satellite Images product, would
you please pass them on, too?

Thanks!

-John