Old September 20th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
john smith

Default Engine stoppage during idle

IO-540-C4, Socata TB20
Just got this today. Landed, taxied off the runway, and before doing
the post-landing procedure (ie, with the mixture on full rich and the
fuel pump still running) noticed the revs to be very low, c. 500 and
then unsuprisingly the engine stopped.
Initially I suspected the idle setting had got moved. Did a start (hot
start, the usual lots of cranking) and all was fine. Idle is perfect
at 700rpm, just the way it was set up by a very good Socata engineer a
couple of years ago. Mag checks fine, EDM700 fine.
Nothing special about the conditions. OAT +19C, DP +15C, 1hr flight at
2000ft.
Enquiries suggest this sort of thing happens every once in a while.
I just haven't had it in 500+ landings in this aircraft, so it is
suprising.
Any views would be much appreciated.
I am considering having the fuel system inspected for
debris/blockages.

Injectors need adjusted.