Old January 1st 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default Lucky to be alive?

"john smith" wrote

Mrs. Ducatte said she is glad that her husband was so skilled

?????????????????????????????????????

What in the hell were they trying to go down in that mess? Not good
planning, or good decision making, IMHO. Skill?

Luck. Or God's grace, one of the two.

and that emergency crews worked so quickly to find them.

But both say that credit for their safety doesn’t belong in human hands.

Once again, controlled slow flight into trees is better than a spin/stall or
nose-down attitude impacts.

Someone was not so lucky, closer to Charlotte.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/10641149/detail.html

You have to sit through an ad and the weather and another story before the
video clip of the crash comes up.
http://www.wsoctv.com/video/10645271/detail.html

Story in the paper. I also saw a report that said there was no fire, and no
witnesses heard engine noises. It was on a long flight from the coast of
NC. I have to wonder if it is a case of fuel starvation.
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlot...s/16360258.htm
--
Jim in NC