Old January 7th 04, 02:47 PM
Ron Natalie

"Rob Turk" wrote in message ll.nl...
"Eric Miller" wrote in message
et...

Use a tee fitting just as you would for a static source; you only need one
pitot system to supply two ASIs.

A problem (bug, dirt, ice) in the pitot would influence both ASI's. Two
pitots makes sense if you install dual ASI for redundancy.

And two statics wouldn't be a bad idea either. On larger aircraft the pilot and
copilot have independent static sources as well.

I've had two static system failures and one pitot failure over 25 years of flying.
All were the result of some foreign object lodged in the tubing (2 mud daubers
and a gooey piece of something which we weren't quite sure what it was).

I've also come out and found the static ports taped over after maintenance.