Old February 15th 05, 01:53 PM
Jim Burns

Glad you caught the threads in rai. I was in no way trying to blow you off
or dismiss your question, it was just very timely. Be sure to check out the
AIM also http://www.faa.gov/ATpubs/AIM/Chap1/aim0101.html#1-1-19 see
section (f).
Jim

"nobody" wrote in message
om...
No specific approach. I want to upgrade my panel and debating spending

less
on a new GPS so I can install DME too or spend a little more on a nicer

GPS
and blow off the DME.

I read the threads on rec.aviation.ifr. There was truly a ton of info
there.

Ed

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:10:20 GMT, "nobody" wrote:

Does anyone know if it is legal to substitute distance and speed from an
approach certified GPS in place of a DME on a DME required approach?

Probably. What is the approach in question?