Old April 16th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default About digital meters

wrote:

I ask a fool question:
Being an Ultralight pilot, do you prefer mechanical flight instruments
or digital meters?

One of my Chinese customers told me they prefer mechanical aircraft
instruments. Since they are more reliable than digital meters. They
are easy to read, liking a car derving meters.
But I have a little bit doubt. I knew digital meters are developing
direction. But I did not know where parts were popular used now in
digital meters,such as VAI, ALT, ASI, ADI or engine meters, in American
ultralight airplanes.

Luo

Still looking for a good mechanical volt meter for my plane.

Had to make do with an electric one, but still looking...

Richard