Old July 1st 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_1_]

Default Nothing good about Ethanol

"Roger" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:15:29 -0500, Greg Copeland
wrote:

They are also starting to create ICE which create steam from its heat
byproduct, which in turn, turn turbines attached to generators, which can
keep batteries fully charged. This means, in the short term, better
hybrid technology may help out until better battery technologies allow for
a pure (or nearly so) electric solution can be found.

But where will the electrical energy come from? We do not have the
electrical grid capacity to power more than a small fraction of the
cars. Solar will not be a viable option until the power grid can
undergo a great increase in its size. Solar is still expensive on
any but a small scale.

Nuclear would take a considerable time to bring on line.

I take it you're factoring in the EPA 20-years-worth-of-paperwork rules?