Old October 5th 05, 02:29 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On 4 Oct 2005 17:36:24 -0700, "stol" wrote:

When I sent in my paperwork to the FAA in Okla it was printed very
clear that there was a Ford V-8 in my plane. They somehow registered
the motor used in it as " UNKNOWN". I don't know if this was a
mistake on their part or the way they wanted to show it in the
database.There is no way in hell I will try to correct the info cause
that will screw up the works for sure. Kinda makes one wonder how many
other things are not listed properly......

In my experience, lots. There's a B-17 listed as amateur-built, there are
planes like Avid Flyers listed as standard category. There are planes listed as
not having received their airworthiness certificates that have been flying
(legally) for ten years, and there are planes listed as HAVING them that haven't
flown yet.

Still, in aggregate, it's probably not too bad. People make mistakes, and the
only time it really matters is when you're trying to chase down what is a small
subset of aircraft.

Ron Wanttaja