Old February 5th 11, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Most numerous sailplane type and model in the world?

On Feb 4, 1:03*pm, vontresc wrote:
On Feb 4, 10:03*am, Terry Walsh wrote:

At 02:42 04 February 2011, wrote:

Does anyone know what active type, make and model of sailplane is the
most numerous in the world and in the USA?

Bill Snead

I don't know about other types but according to Wikapedia Grob produced a
total of 1791 G102 Astirs (Thats all variants CS, 77, Club, II and III

Terry Walsh

Also don't forget the 1400 or so Ka-6s from Schleicher

Peter

In my travels, I have heard many people comment that the LS-4 should
have been world single design class. From the above it appears that
the Discus B - CS might be a good choice now. What do you think?

Bill Snead