Old June 1st 05, 02:36 PM
Jay Masino

Ron Natalie wrote:
Taking off from Potomac, you can clearly see all of downtown before
you even get to pattern altitude. It's one of the great flying
views (second only to the pre-911 routing that approach would let
you have from the WAS VOR directly east south of the Prohibited area.

Hmmm... that might be true from Potomac's vantage point.

It was neat when you use to be able to ask Washington approach for a
flight down the Anacostia river, directly over National. I wish I had my
digital camera with me back in those days. Heck, I even miss the hours I
spent doing repeated ILSs into Andrews with AF-1 sitting on the ramp.

As far as great flying views... I'm kinda partial to taking off over
Assateague island and seeing the ponies grazing.

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___