Old June 20th 07, 10:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

Default Less Gloom

In article om,
Jay Honeck wrote:

Somehow a version of my "Gloom" post (which I also posted on the
Cherokee Pilots Association's "Cherokee Chat") ended up in Phil
Boyer's in-box.

AOPA President Boyer apparently questioned Piper's management about
the status of Piper's support (or reported lack thereof) of our
"ancient" aircraft, prompting the following statement from Mark S.
Miller, Chief Corporate Spokesperson of Piper Aircraft, Inc.:

"Contrary to rumors, inaccurate representations and misinterpretations
in respect to Piper Aircraft's position on parts availability,

So, Bass either lied or didn't know what he was talking about. Hardly
encouraging.

[snip]
In my opinion, Mr. Bass was either floating a trial balloon idea about
cutting off support for old, out-of-production aircraft, or he just
got carried away during his speech and injected his own personal
opinions.

Neither of those options speak well for Bass or Piper. :-(

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)