Old June 20th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Less Gloom

Quite frankly, I don't see anything in Piper's statement that retracts
anything. All the statement appears to say is that Piper hasn't set a
piston-engine "date for death" right now. Noticeably absent from the
statement is any long-term commitment to the piston business, probably
because there isn't any.

Wow -- just when I thought that *I* was the most cynical, hard-headed
******* out there, you guys go and prove me wrong. Thanks!

:-)

Seriously, I think you're being too hard on them. Piper has been
forced to respond to what we heard Bass say in that speech last
weekend. They are publicly denying that there are any plans to cut
off support for older planes -- which, unless they are REALLY being
diabolical, can only be good news for those of us who are flying
around in "antique" planes. (What *is* the defininition of "antique"
now, anyway? My plane is now 33 years old -- where's the cut-off?)

(And, hell, while we're at it, why is "publicly" also properly spelled
"publically"? Inquiring minds on a sunny June day.... ;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA