Old January 19th 20, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Schleicher cockpit

I've never met him, but he's on my very small list of personal heroes. His gliders are the best looking and among the best ever built.
Interesting examples listed above, I can see where the cartwheel is a significant event that is less dangerous to the pilot in these gliders. The -27 crash with the sheared wing though sounds like that's where the energy went.. I suppose either way it's fortunate for all of us who fly them that so much effort was given to make us just a bit safer.

The storm is still going, but I've got to work tonight. Anybody need a lift to Paducah?

DT