Old September 7th 20, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Refinishing ASW24

I have been working on the horizontal stab and the two elevators for the past two weeks. I have never seen such difficult gel coat to remove. I am no rookie at gel coat, have done many boats and a bit of glider repair, but this is a beast to remove. It took me six full days to remove the gel coat from the stab. Just today I did one elevator and will do the other tomorrow.
I am bringing it back up with acrylic urethane, so far so good, just a lot of work and a few drinks of rum. Bob