Old February 6th 21, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matthew Scutter

Default tophat (xcsoar) and LX7007 (pro igc)

On Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 8:38:42 AM UTC+10, Moshe Braner wrote:
On 1/21/2021 3:43 PM, Moshe Braner wrote:
I see that Tophat (based on XCsoar) has "LXNAV" as one of the available communication protocols (when defining the "device"). Does that apply to both LXNAV and LX Navigation (separate companies?)

(Reminds me of the Monty Python movie where the splinter groups "Judea Liberation Front" are enemies of the "Front for Liberation of Judea", or such.)

If Tophat (or XCsoar) is connected to an LX7007 via a bi-directional cable, can one define the task in Tophat and then send it to the LX7007? And can one use Tophat to extract the IGC file from the LX7007 after landing? I do both of those with Tophat connected to a PowerFLARM.

To answer my own question: I finally got the LX7007 connected to Tophat
on a Nook via a serial cable. The good news: LX7007 sends GPS data to
Tophat. The bad news: other functionality lacking, cannot send task
from Tophat to LX, cannot retrieve LX flight logs from inside Tophat.
This may improve in the future if a newer version of Tophat incorporates
newer versions of XCsoar, since XCsoar release notes for recent versions
specifically mention these issues.

TopHat hasn't had any development for 4 years now...