Old August 9th 04, 03:32 PM
Paul Sengupta

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Rick Durden" wrote in message
m...

As our population pressure increases and more and more airports are
under pressure, we'll probably be faced with tougher noise
requirements such as slower turning, shorter props and more effective
mufflers. It won't be fun.

Oh, I don't know. As someone who pretty much lives in small planes, I
personally find the constant noise to be tiring. I would prefer a quieter
airplane. All I ask of whatever we do to make the airplanes quieter is

that
it actually be effective.

http://www.fly-flightstar.com/

I watched on Saturday as one of these took off from Sandown
airfield on the Isle of Wight. It was unbelievable how quiet it was.

Paul