Old April 1st 17, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: Wing "Cuffs"

On Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 10:37:40 AM UTC-4, Echo wrote:
I'd offer mine if I could figure out a way to place the floor mounted wing cradles in my Komet that wouldn't impede the movement of the wing dolly....

Jordan

Been there- Done that.
The key is to rework the wing dolly's to provide needed bottom clearance. A new cross member installed about 2 inches higher does the job. This is made from 3/4 square tubing .059 wall or thicker. The outer balance wheel mounting also gets changed. It took us about 4 hours to do. With this mod the fixed saddle work just fine.
This is a good mod in my experience.
UH