Old December 13th 18, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Space Soaring

That is really cool.

Safe trip!Â* Hurry to New Mexico.Â* I'd love to see that up close.

On 12/13/2018 1:40 AM, CindyB wrote:
On Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 12:12:11 AM UTC-8, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 8:34:22 PM UTC-8, CindyB wrote:

I was there for N328KF's first 328000 ft high flight, coming from New Zealand on about four day's notice.

You may recall.

I had a nice 15 or 20 minute chat with Steve Fossett that day too. He was standing in the crowd along the flight line like a regular person. While I was talking to him, Richard Branson walked past on the other side of the barrier, surrounded by half a dozen guys in dark suits, dark sunglasses, and earpieces.

I think Steve was comfortable being a regular guy.
The party tonight was large, but courteous.

I didn't have four days notice this time.....
and I'm not sure what time they intend, but it is usually early.
Weather should be great.
TFR for the flight gives them a large area and a broad time window.
I don't recall if there was a TFR, lo those many years ago.

It is always fun to hang on the windowsill and watch the
advances of aviation, so many of them in my neighborhood.
I miss Jon Karkow.

Cindy

--
Dan, 5J