Old June 6th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Default American decline in tech was: ENvironmentally Friendly ...

Recently, Bob Fry posted:

To actually solve a problem, regardless of money, takes insight and a
modicum of intelligence. As an American and engineer I'm seeing less
and less of both here, and it ****es me off. But we got about half
the country thinking our decline is caused because the other half
doesn't pray. Science? Engineering? Rational thought? That's for
the weird-sounding foreigns, 4-eyed geeks, and far-left libs. No, we
just need to return to God and Jesus and everything will be fine.

One of the most disappointing thing about last night's Republican "debate"
was the number of candidates that are completely clueless about what
science is and is not. At least Mitt Romney acknowledged that science and
religion are not in opposition to one another, but he then went off on a
tangent that completely failed to separate religious concepts from
learning the discipline of science. It left me with the impression that if
a Republican administration is elected from this bunch, we'll be
hopelessly bogged down in ignorance that, if nothing else, will lessen the
likelihood that their "Apollo Project" to solve our energy needs and
reduce global warming could ever become a reality. We won't accomplish
such a thing by praying for it.

Neil