Old July 7th 04, 05:44 AM
Paul Lee

If you are not going to have too much curvature you could use
a 1/4" foam sheet and sandwich it between two layers of fibreglass.
Fairly simple and strong. See the glare shield construction section on
http://www.abri.com/sq2000/18.html

----------------------------------
SQ2000 canard: http://www.abri.com/sq2000

bubba wrote in message news:Z9nGc.28421$MB3.8864@attbi_s04...
Hi all,

I'm making a glareshield for my airplane and want to make it out of
composite material.
I'm going to make probably three or four of these.
I've haven't worked much with these materials, but I'm not afraid to
experiment.
What should i order and where should I order from? Wicks, Spruce???
Should I order material with some sort of foam?

Each glare shield is going to be aprox 3 feet by 1.5 feet with compound
curves.

I have a pseudo mold to use, but will change the shape somewhat.

Any hints or help would be a great help!!

Cheers

Dave

Dallas Tx