Old July 19th 14, 09:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Nephi Was Just Awarded 3 Upcoming Nationals!

I have to admit I was concerned at first due to the high number of participants, but this turned out to be not much of a factor thanks to the organization, airport layout, and making Flarm mandatory. There was plenty of space to tiedown all the gliders, as well as for staging and griding. Those of us who wanted to launch early could do so everyday. And thanks to Powerflarm, there were no close calls and near misses as far as I know. It never felt too crowded and I was never surprised by any glider that PF did not alert me first, and it was eye opening to see more than 10 targets on Flarm simultaneously yet only be able to visually see couple of them. So much for using eyes for be able to see and avoid. Also the collision alarm only sounded when needed, which was a good testimony for how well PF handles gaggles.
Although the soaring conditions were not as ideal as the prior week would have been, and it went from too dry to too wet too quick, it still provided great soaring with long flights in all directions, as far as Ely to the west, Parowan and beyond to the south, Wyoming to the north and Colorado to the east.
The evening hangar gatherings and dinners were great, and even the morning briefings were entertaining.
Thanks to Bruno, Ron and the rest of the crew, the tow pilots and the line boys for a great event.
I'll be back!

Ramy