Old May 11th 20, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

Default Bailout and survival kit

On Monday, 11 May 2020 13:28:35 UTC-6, Dyintolaughagain wrote:
On Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 8:36:21 PM UTC-5, wrote:
You can definitely carry some, but you might want to replace it from time to time.

Well, it's not exactly meant to be reused. I pack as much as I think I will need, add a safety factor, double that and then vacuum bag it. This might not be the best place for a product recommendation, but a Foodsaver vacuum bagger can maintain the viability and longevity of a number of space critical survival supplies. Don't forget the survival knife, as even a mountain lion would have a hard time opening a Foodsaver bag without chewing it into shreds.

PS. Open the bag before you need it! Ask me how I know this. (Well, don't ask. Just use your imagination. {Well, don't do that either. Just trust me.})

Markm; You're not only a talented engineer, but a comedian as well! How about assembling a list of your best one-liners to keep us in good humor?

Be careful what you ask for!