Old December 22nd 05, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,sci.electronics.design,alt.solar.photovoltaic

Default Wind/Solar Electrics ???

On 20 Dec 2005 22:50:51 -0800, "philkryder"
wrote:

"....We have a touch lamp that will not change
state on MSW, but will on generator"

Do you know if these new smaller Inverter style generators are a close
enough approximation for things like the laser printer?

Just how good are the "sine" like waves on them?

I thought someone was going to put a 'scope on one...

The quality of the wave form is directly proportional to the money you
put into it.

I've used a small generator to power just about everything in here.
I've since upped that to 9,500 watts continuous which seems to work
well. It does tend to mess with the clocks if we're on generator
power for more than a few hours.

I've never had any problems with the computers of printers though.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com