Old September 1st 08, 11:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

Default Ren Yenc

"HEMI-Powered" schreef in bericht
Oviedo added these comments in the current discussion du jour

Speaking of weak arguements - I have seen examples of the same
post in jpg and ynec formats and the 39% doesn't hold water.
Maybe 3.9%, but no where near 39%.

You are entirely wrong. The spec for yEnc itself quotes the number,
I didn't, but since you're obviously so ignorant, try posting the
exact same JPEG with Uuencode and with yEnc and see for yourself.
The actual size of the binary doesn't change, of course, but almost
all of the Uue overhead is eliminated by yEnc resulting in a much
smaller as-posted size. Were it not for this fact, why would it
have been invented and why would so many people, all far more
knowledgeable then you, quote the same reduction?

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet

And why, oh utterly knowledgeable one, don't you get a decent provider and
connection, thus making all this stupid encoding completely redundant and
looking as backward as the 18th century?

Regards,
Herman