Old July 30th 03, 01:42 PM
spektr

"
FWIW, there is a blind spot caused by trees which blocks the view of
the approach of one runway from the departure end of the other runway
no matter which runway we use. So if we moved glider ops to the
instrument runway, the arpt. mngr. would still clamor for the need of
a spotter (albiet applicable to the glider operators only).

-Isn't the guy flying the C-172 taking off on Rnwy 21 just as blind to
the approach end of Rnwy 31? [The answer is "Yes"].

Then suggest he remove the trees if THEYcause the reduced visibility.

ALSO.... Schedule an SSA Regional contest there.........

Scott