Old September 27th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_1_]

Default Self launch ultra-light sailplane

Markus Graeber wrote:
Also have a look at this new high tech bird: http://www.ruppert-composite.ch/english/index.html
It.s categorized as a Class 2 hanglider but at 28:1 and a min sink of
87 fpm and a Vne of 81mph it'll outperform a Ka-6 on weak to regular
days and fly when nothing else stays up. They are thinking about
fitting an engine as well but you got other self launch options like
running off a hill, bungee self launch etc. thanks to an ingenious
design and a weight of only 100 lbs. Very interesting concept.

Roger is a clever guy and an excellent craftsman with balsa and
composites. I knew him when he was flying the F1A and F1B free flight
model classes and was always impressed with his models.

But back to ultralights. Take a look at the ULF-1 he http://www.eel.de/

One or two of my fanatical woodworking friends would like to make and
fly one. No engine, though.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK