Old July 30th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default 23 July OSH accident audio

"Bob Gardner" wrote:
Reading about accidents helps pilots avoid the mistakes of others;
seeing or hearing accidents doesn't help anyone. How can we complain
about media sensationalizing airplane accidents when we have folks
like John Smith doing the same thing?

I listened several minutes into the recording and unless I missed
something, there was no actual "recording" of the accident. There doesn't
seem to be anything sensational in the recording at all - no one mentions
the accident. Just a lot of fancy ATC footwork to deal with closing the
runway and then the airport. I actually found that aspect somewhat
educational. YMMV.

Bob Gardner

"john smith" wrote in message

om...
00:01:15 minutes into the playback is when the accident occurred on
23 July

http://www.liveatc.net/.archive/kosh...2006-1330Z.mp3