Old September 26th 03, 06:09 AM
Barnyard BOb --

Byron Miller wrote:

I built an RV-6 for about $26,000 and later sold it for
$45,000....

Not bad, although i would expect more for the 2-3 years of work it
potentially takes to build it. Not to mention the cost of tooling,
hangering, building area and whatnot.

Aviation is a cost no matter how you think you justify it! I'm sure you
spent more than the difference of construction costs and sale price in
maintaning, supporting and even more flying the aircraft!

I guess my point is i wouldn't bet on building an aircraft in the hopes of
resell value. There are better gambles for your money

When you get your head right.....
You'll be very happy to subsidize your flying hobby with
$19,000 instead of selling for the original cost of parts
or possibly even less.

If money is the object....
Work overtime at your day job and
buy, not build, a homebuilt slug with