Old August 5th 05, 04:55 PM
Larry Dighera

On 5 Aug 2005 02:53:23 -0700, "PPT33R" wrote in
. com::

"It appears the government is protecting itself and could care less
about the public."

The extent of the existing ADIZ/ NDA will provide no time for intercept
if the TOI is a fast-mover, or a commercial flight out of IAD...

Agreed. But perhaps the purpose of the DC ADIZ is not to stop such
flights. Perhaps its purpose is to protect innocent flights from
accidental shoot-down.

This is purely an issue of the oligarchy trying to protect itself, and
the USSS and Capitol Police completely out of their domain trying to
figure it out with incremental elimination of freedom of movement. DoD
got what it wanted last month with direct 'shoot-down' authority.

There is that issue also. Those charged with implementing security
measures are doing their best. While it may not be good, it's
difficult to fault them for attempting to do their jobs. What is
lacking is a cooler head with intellect to see the flaws in their
proposals, and veto their implantation.

Bear in mind as well that this Administration has an Iron Fist policy
over the Executive Branch. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if Karl Rove
and Fran Townsend did not personally approve. They know exactly what
FAA has been ordered to do, and they hold the leash, so put the blame
where it is deserved.

Agreed. Thank you.

The ONLY way the "Land of the Free and the Brave" will once again
become Free and Brave is if this becomes an election issue in 2008.
Cast aside any sad devotions to "political parties", having lived in
the Beltway for many years I have concluded neither party represents
the national interest anymore. Study the issues, figure out who is
LIKELY to inact policies and laws commensurate with your beliefs, and
THEN pull the handle...

Given that 60%of our nation's citizens believe that creationism should
be taught along side Darwinism in our public schools, your hope has
little chance of happening even if a suitable candidate could be run
and find sufficient exposure to win. :-(

Given today's political arena, the opposition to the iron fist of the
GOP is going to have to be fought with the assistance of a rovesque
strategy. Perhaps it's time the FCC mandated the networks provide
free air time to qualified candidates, so that the candidate with the
most resonate rhetoric is elected instead of the party stooge with the
most funding and dirtiest tricks.