Old October 10th 05, 08:07 PM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

bowman wrote:
Pete Schaefer wrote:

There's an R/C airfield that is alarmingly close to the Van Nuys airfield
in SoCal. It is watched pretty closely, but I would hardly consider the
R/C guys to not be a "threat". There have been incidents. You should see
the place. Talk about "too close to airports".

I used to fly at an uncontrolled where people would fly R/C at the airport.
Nice Sunday afternoon, you'd have R/C's, gliders, sky divers, ag planes,
and the odd helicopter. Kept life interesting.

What would have been more interesting would be to have a friend at
their field with a transmitter while you fly patterns.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired