Old January 9th 13, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default Vertica V3?

On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:41:04 AM UTC-8, son_of_flubber wrote:
Pure speculation here... I noticed that the V2 is "sold out" on the Vertica Sports website http://www.verticasports.com/shop/v2-flight-instrument/ Does this foreshadow the announcement of the V3? What is the latest date that a company can deliver a new product and expect it to sell for the 2013 soaring season? One highly regarded soaring product maker set March 31 for delivery of a promising new product. Is that the usual time of year for soaring product release? From various old blog posts, I gather that the V2 was released in September 2012. There are still V2s_under_another_brand_name in stock at distributors. Does any distributor still have Vertica-branded V2s in stock?

The Oudie 2 Lite is available and runs the free programs.

I have several customers that replaced the V2 with the Oudie 2 Lite and say the Oudie is a much nicer unit and when you finally get the cabling and power converters for the V2 the Oudie is less expensive.

http://www.craggyaero.com/oudie.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com