Old April 5th 05, 08:37 PM
Guy Alcala

There's always the first person account in Cunningham's book
"Fox Two", and I'm pretty sure that Wilcox' book about the
formation of TopGun, "Scream of Eagles", includes an
account. Lou Drendel's "and Kill MiGs", 1st and 2nd ed. for
sure and probably 3rd., will include Cunningham's account of
all 5 kills. In short, you can find more accounts of
Cunningham and Driscoll's fight on 10 May than just about
any other single occurrence of the air war in Vietnam. I'd
probably go with Ethell and Price in "One Day in a Long
War", as IIRR they listened to/read the radio transcripts as
well as interviewed many of the other aircrew involved, so
you get a more objective version of events than that based
on one or two people's always fallible
memories/perspectives.

Guy