Old November 2nd 10, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Where do main pin holes come from?

On Nov 1, 4:45*pm, Brad wrote:
On Nov 1, 4:07*pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:

Where do those big holes in the spars of composite gliders come from?
You know, the ones where they put the bushings that you insert the
main pins through?

Somebody with a big drill drills them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ3rISscO2I

Thanks, Bob K.

http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24

Bob,

Your design for the parts and the tooling is simply
amazing............I tacked in the rear lift pin tube yesterday
evening. This AM Doug and I pulled the wings off and put them back on
a couple of times and they slid right in just like the real thing. We
finished the day by shear taping in the rear tube.

Tomorrow the shop gets cleaned up and we head home.

Brad

Sounds great, Brad!

Bob K.