Old April 16th 19, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Jonker JS-3 in Sagebrush

On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 12:27:40 AM UTC-4, Steve Koerner wrote:
As a postscript, I'm not so sure that having detent stops for open dive
brakes is really a good idea.

Steve first thanks for sharing this and glad you're OK and bird
only slightly dinged.

Detent on spoiler is an oft-requested feature for many gliders and
sometimes retrofitted. In common cases where you want to fly onto
the ground and dump flaps, no detent on spoiler causes bounding
back into the air when you take hand of spoiler to dump flaps.
Please do not ask (remind) me how I know.

Thanks again and speedy repair,
Best Regards, Dave