Old April 18th 20, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Crazy Idea # 54-1A i.e. Erase all State Soaring Records every 10 years..

Like Many others, every spring, I think about attempting some state records..
In my world that would be Colorado and Utah. Maybe NV.
So I look through the existing records and realize that there are none in Colorado I would have any chance of. Tom Serkowski, Dave Leonard and Bob Faris and others have set the bar so high, there all are basically unbeatable.
In Utah the bar is also set very very high. Same in Nevada.

So in the interest of promoting soaring, flying tasks, and getting more pilots involved to a higher level;

What you would think about erasing all STATE records every 10 years?

Everyone who has a State Certificate now ( I've got 2 ) would keep them, but we would just start anew, like the OLC does every year. This would create alot of work for the State Record Keepers, for sure, but it might be worth it to bolster interest in this exciting aspect of our dwindling sport.

Any one who has attempted a State Record knows what goes into it, alot really, and its easy to screw it up.

Thumb up or thumbs down on this idea?
Nick